We are adding to our team!
Part-Time Studio Assistant Position
Jenny Rijke is a locally owned and operated ceramic business. We design and craft each piece in our small batch studio located in Iroquois, ON (1 hr south of Ottawa). Our products are sold locally in the Ottawa area at craft shows, online and in retail locations across Canada and the USA.
We are currently seeking a part time studio assistant. This position will be approximately 6-10 hours per week (potentially more if interested) spread across 1-2 days per week in the studio. Flexibility based on your schedule.
This is a paid position. There is flexibility with trading for open studio time to work on your own personal ceramic projects if you wish.
This position will allow for experience to be gained in a production ceramic studio, learning multiple studio tasks and various techniques, as well as small business operations in a creative environment.
Tasks (Could include but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the wet work production of pieces
- Cleaning, trimming, sponging, stamping pieces to prepare for firing
- Unloading and loading of kiln
- Waxing, sanding, glazing pieces
- Weighing and mixing glazes
- Attaching handles to mugs
- Packaging orders to be shipped
Qualifications(Though ceramic experience is an asset, it is not necessary):
- Excellent attention to detail and gentle care taken
- Willingness to learn new tasks
- Organized and efficient at work
- Enjoys hands on tasks
If interested please email Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line being “Studio Assistant”) with an explanation of interest and summery of experience. Application deadline is September 28, 2018. Only select candidates will be notified.
Feel free to check out #jennyrijke on Instagram.